Menu
BWT_château des Carmes
Les Carmes Haut Brion
Pessac-Léognan

Château les Carmes Haut-Brion

The history of Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion dates back to the 16th century and has been very consistent since its birth. In 1584, the lord of Haut-Brion, Jean de Pontac, gave the Grands Carmes a vast mill with meadows and vines. A haven of peace and a garden of abundance, the place was supplied with pure, living water from the inexhaustible source of the "eubrion" fountain.

The congregation remained the sole owner of the site for more than two hundred years and, as it extended its lands to other parts of the Haut-Brion vineyard, usage gradually imposed the name "Carmes Haut-Brion" on the estate.

+33 5 56 93 23 40
Château les Carmes Haut-Brion

20 rue des Carmes
33000 BORDEAUX
GPS : N 44.8223344 - W -0.6123836
  • French, German, English
  • Accessible to people with reduced mobility
Labels
  • Vignobles et découvertes
Prices

Tasting visit: 35€/pers, free for under 18 years old.

Modes of payment
  • Payment cards
  • Cheques and postal orders
  • Cash
Openings

Open Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 14:00 pm to 18:00 pm with appointment. Closed on public holidays.

More information Awards

Best Of Wine Competition - Best of Gold 2019 - Architecture and landscapes

AOC Pessac-Léognan

Group

Authorised groups

Information about the visit

Duration of the visit : 90 minutes
Visiting conditions : Guided tour by appointment only
Languages of visit : French, German, English, Italian

How to get there

Public transport : Tram B / Arrêt François Mitterand , 0,5km

Château les Carmes Haut-Brion

20 rue des Carmes
33000 BORDEAUX

GPS : N 44.8223344 - W -0.6123836